Thursday 6 March 2014

Happy Knitting - Introduction Post

'When I sit down to knit especially during lunch hours, I have to do an internal switching of gears in order to focus solely on knitting. It's refreshing to concentrate totally on just one thing, especially something that is creative. Knowing that this total focus leads to productivity helps me bring that level of concentration to other things' - Keep Calm and Cast On




Welcome to A Journey of String.
I'm Zoë and I have been a blogger for five years. As an all round creative person, I have many outlets which I enjoy writing about. I love sharing my journey of becoming of a photographer, writing about my observations of life and sharing a bit of my wisdom every now and then. So far I have done this through several of my blogs:

In My Depth of Field - Photography

 My Whispers of Wisdom - General



Throughout these blogs I have been increasingly mentioning my knitting and incorporating what I have learnt into still-life experiences in photography and using knitting as a form of a metaphor to use in life. In my latest post of In My Depth of Field, I have uploaded my first mug cosy that I have ever made and taken it on my photography still-life table. The idea was to help me record what I make and build up my photography skills at the same time.

However, since I have uploaded it, I have been starting to feel that as I want to focus on portraiture for now, that the still-life in the knitting department would be more suited to a blog on it's own. Then, I can upload as many projects I like but using photography, in this case, as a secondary form. It also came to mind that I will have an knitting audience and a photography audience to cater for and I mixing them up too much is understandably confusing.

So, the birth of Journey of String is born.

I call my blog this because knitting is like a journey, and throughout my posts I will begin to talk about why and how you can start incorporating it into your life like I have.

I hope you enjoy my blog, and happy knitting.


Zoë

No comments:

Post a Comment